Ramada Bismarck Hotel
1400 E Interchange Ave
Sleeping room rate $89 + tax
Class Descriptions and Dates
(Class size is limited to follow CDC requirements.)
September 21-23 – Designing & Installing Exterior Vapor Distribution Systems Book 4.1 (8AM-5PM Each Day)
This CETP training manual focuses on designing and installing the exterior portions of a vapor distribution system for both residential and small commercial markets. This course addresses how to select and install containers, prevent corrosion, size and install regulators and meters, and select and install outdoor piping and tubing.
• Designing vapor systems: container and lines
• Designing vapor distribution systems: regulators and meters
• Preparing system components for transport
• Installing containers
• Installing lines
• How to analyze and prevent corrosion
• Installing regulators and meters
• Others installations
• System tests
• Safety information
• Installation of a regulator
• Running a line to a gas meter
September 24 & 25 – Gas System & Appliance System Check (Day 1 – 8AM-5PM, Day 2 – 8AM-12PM)
• System Leak Checking
• Regulator Performance Testing
• Customer Awareness Information
• Odor Testing
• Pressure Testing
• A Venting Inspection
propane dispensing operations, including those at retail locations:
• Properties and Characteristics of Propane
• Dispensing Station Equipment
• DOT Cylinders
• Inspecting, Filling, and Labeling Small Cylinders
• Refueling, Maintaining, and Troubleshooting Forklift Cylinders
• Refueling ASME Motor Fuel and RV Tanks
• Emerging Technologies
• Retail Cylinder Exchange Operations
• Bulk Plant Dispensing Equipment and Purging
• Safely Fueling Propane Lawn Equipment
• Safely Fueling Propane-Powered School Buses
September 28-30 – Placing Vapor Distribution Systems into Operation Book 4.2 (8AM-5PM Each Day)
• Validating vapor distribution systems.
• Identifying venting requirements and characteristics.
• Validating combustion air.
• Leak Check Procedures.
• Purging air from a piping system.
• Placing appliances into operation.
• Appliance controls and safety devices.
• Spillage test.
• Identifying burning characteristics of propane.
October 1 & 2 – Operating a Truck/Trailer to Deliver or Relocate ASME Tanks (Day 1 – 8AM-5PM, Day 2 – 8AM-12PM)
• Verify proper ASME tank condition prior to loading
• Loading & securing ASME tanks using truck-mounted company owned cranes
• Coordinating loading and unloading of ASME tanks using contractor operated construction cranes
• Operating a propane dispenser to fill vehicle mounted ASME tanks
• Transporting ASME, DOT portable and intermodular IM tanks
• Identify driving techniques for safe operation of a straight truck
• Function-specific, training
• Security awareness
• In-depth security training, if a security plan is required
• Driver training (for each hazmat employee who will operate a motor vehicle)